Burials are usually at Cheshunt and cremations are at Golders Green. If a congregant wishes to bury outside London then a maximum contribution of £2,500 will be made towards the cost.
The annual membership fee includes:
- Removal of the body to the undertaker’s premises (to include undertakers costs) and onto the cemetery or crematorium
- Tahara, coffin and shrouds
- Transport of the coffin directly to the funeral site and provision of bearers
- All fees and any gratuities
- The minister to conduct the funeral and shiva prayers
- Provision of medical certificates for a cremation
- Reservation of further grave spaces – spouse £100, other family member £200
- Tombstone costs
- Interment of ashes after cremation (£750)
- Out of area costs in the UK or abroad
- Extra hearse journeys
- Drive-bys (when the coffin is taken to the home before going to the cemetery)
- Extra items relating to the coffin, limousines or cars
- Sunday cremation supplement (£250)
- After 4.30pm burial supplement (£120)
- A contribution towards the cost in the first 6 months of joining as a member
Where a congregant joins above the age of 50 there is an additional age related payment based on the age at joining. We encourage you to pay this one off payment in advance otherwise it is due at the time of death.
There is an extra cost for a Woodland Burial of £1,600 currently.